1417 MCLAUGHLIN RUN RD.  |  PITTSBURGH, PA 15241  |  412-220-0200  |  fb  twitter  YouTube

HOME  |  NEWS  |  USEFUL INFORMATION  |  REQUEST A QUOTATION  |  CONTACT  |  ABOUT

About Mosebach

Mosebach has been supplying dynamic brake resistors
for locomotives for over 40 years.

Mosebach was founded in 1924 by Karl Mosebach. Mosebach originally supplied electrical gear for coal mines in Pennsylvania and West Virginia. After his passing, Ralph Nadler and Harold Evans grew the business further, including the distribution of Allen-Bradley components, among others.

In the 1980’s, the company was split into two entities, Mosebach Electric Supply and Mosebach Manufacturing.  Mosebach Electric was sold by Ralph Nadler in 1990 to Consolidated Electrical Distributors (CED) – and it’s now a completely separate company, not associated with us, Mosebach Manufacturing.

 

Mosebach supplies dynamic braking resistors and
systems for off-highway trucks.

Mosebach Manufacturing continued to grow and Ralph eventually retired and sold the business in 1998 to Halma plc. Halma then sold the business in 2006 to Telema, an Italian-family-owned business that is very invested in technology and developing new products.

From 1998 onwards, Mosebach has purchased the resistor business of Eaton/Cutler-Hammer, supplying resistors to EMD and GE locomotives; and has expanded its product line further into resistors and db systems for locomotives and off-highway mining trucks; load banks; electrical heaters; bug extermination systems; and neutral grounding resistors.

DC load bank, 1500 kW, in test

 

Mosebach is located in southern Pittsburgh,
just 10 minutes off of Interstate 79.
You can reach us at:

1417 McLaughlin Run Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15241
Phone: 412-220-0200
Fax: 412-220-0236
Email: info@mosebachresistors.com

 

100 kW load bank in a small package